Event Name: Halloween Open Racquetball Tournament
Clay Madsen Recreation Center
1600 Gattis School Rd
Round Rock, TX 78664
Tournament Director: John Rhodes
Dates: October 27-29, 2023
• Friday, Oct 27th Play begins Clay Madsen Local Players, 60+ Division and Beginners
• Saturday, Oct 28th 8 am- 7 pm- Singles and Open Doubles
• Sunday, Oct 29th 10 am-5 pm- Tournament Doubles
Registration Fee (cost for participants to register): $45 for the First Event and $35 for the Second Event
Max Participation (80 People- Event will fill up quickly)
Prize Money and Awards
• Men’s Open $250 First Place, $100 2nd Place (Minimum 8 entrants or Prize Money Prorated)
• Men’s Open Doubles $200 First Place $100 2nd Place. (Minimum 8 teams or Prize Money Prorated)
• Men’s 60+ $125 First Place, $75 2nd Place (Minimum 8 Entrants or Prize Money Prorated
• Medals and Gift Cards for 1st and 2nd all other Divisions
Its Halloween Prize Money for the Best Costume junior/adult
Please read everything here before looking up your start time.
• Please use the main entrance to come into Clay Madsen Recreation Center. The change is because the weather is warmer and we want to keep the courts from getting Humid.
• Clay Madsen is a Family Recreation Center and Texas JR racquetball will be at the event. Please practice sportsmanship and follow the Texas Racquetball Code of Conduct. Any unruly, overly loud, or disrespectful player is subject to the same policies as everyone else and my team has full authority to ask someone to leave for the day or be suspended indefinitely.
• Parking: What you see is what you get! Please notify all players via email that we have parking in the back of the facility as well. We have many programs and tournaments on the weekends and parking is first come first serve. No one should take up more than one spot.
• Participants are not allowed free use of the facility outside of the MP room and racquetball courts. Participants are welcome to pay a day pass of $5 if they want to utilize other portions of the facility.
• Breakfast and Lunch will be available on Saturday and Sunday.
If you would like to Sponsor the tournament or help with the event.
Please call 512 599 0585.
• Please help us stay on time. Saturday, we open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. sharp Sunday, we open at 10 a.m. and close at 6 p.m. sharp.
• 2 Division Max. Only 1 single and 1 Doubles to avoid scheduling conflicts. Start Times will be available on 10/19/2023
We want to schedule matches for Clay Madsen, Austin players, 60+Division, Beginners Friday in order to allow more people to play in the tournament.
Please let us know if you can play Friday and what time. We can start playing as early as 5 pm
Open Singles and Doubles will start Saturday at 11 am followed by Open Doubles. Open Singles and Doubles will be single elimination games two games to 11 and a tiebreaker to 7 with referees. All other Divisions will be round-robin 2 Games to 11 (Round Robin Format with Playoffs) You are guaranteed at least 2 Matches.
Please see brackets for times. +Limited to 16 Participants in Open Singles and 8 teams in Open Doubles
Singles will be played on Saturday and Doubles on Sunday with the exception of Open events. Open Singles Semis/Finals and Open Doubles Semis/Finals will be played on Sunday.
Both players must be signed up to secure a spot to be counted as a “team” in doubles. Round Robin 2 Games to 11. The top Players in each group will move to a playoff. Each player will be guaranteed 2 matches per division (unless forfeit, injury,…)
When the tournament is full, sign up for the waitlist as I will be pulling names from that list often.